REEDIN SUPERWING X 2022
Reedin Superwing X
SuperWingX came from designing wings for the past three years and coming to the conclusion that if we wanted higher performance we needed to use higher performance material.
After experimenting with existing windsurfing monofilms and Xply, we then started working with the leading X-Ply manufacturer to develop a 1 mil triax X-ply based on their already existing and proven technology used for high end racing sailboats.
The X ply is stiffer, stronger and has virtually no stretch compared to canopy material, this provide a ride like you’ve never experience winging, the whole platform is much stiffer with absolutely no flutter even when the wing is flown at Neutral making it the most stable and silent ride you’ll ever experience.
The profile stays true to the design allowing for a faster ride and un-matched upwind performance.
The X-ply is also a lot more resistant at impact than regular Canopy material.
The Use of Xply would not have been possible without our patent pending Fold Strip that allows for the wing to be carried in a small bag. The fold strip allows the wing to be folded in half at the level of the canopy material strip then rolled, preventing de-facto creases on the X-ply.
Reedin Superwing X Weights
- 6.0m 7.6 lbs
- 5.2m 7.0 lbs
- 4.7m 6.4 lbs
- 4.2m 6.0 lbs
- 3.6m 5.4 lbs
- 2.8m 4.8 lbs
- 2.1m 4.2 lbs
- X-ply Canopy : the stiffest+ strongest canopy yet.
- Triple Layer LE center panel tapering to double layer : very rigid Leading Edge for a direct ride.
- Evolutive AR: Like on our SuperWing, the Aspect ratio is specifically designed on each surface in order to provide the best handling for each size. Bigger sizes have lower AR for a shorter wing span and better low end power while smaller size have a slightly higher AR for superior high end control and speed.
- S strut with recessed handles : S strut provide a very direct reponse because ethe back of the strut is directly connected to the canopy of the wing, while the recess at the level of the handle allows for a short handle that still provide ample room for your hands, so you can have a very direct control of the wing, while keeping a very comfortable handle. Wide handles in order to easily adjust your hands position to adjust to wind force, built with internal core for an overall stiff handle covered with soft and comfy sleeve made of an abrasion resistance canvas for great comfy grip.
- 9mm one pump hose for faster inflation of strut combined with a strut dump valve for fast deflation. Hose and dump valve are located in the very front of the strut to also act as a lock for the strut bladder to prevent unwanted movements of the bladder when the wing is deflated.
- Our exclusive gradiated triple layer LE in the center provides a very stiff wing for direct and efficient feel.
- Canopy built under tension for the most stable profile and wing, this provides a very direct feel with zero flutter when riding and also ensures a very stable ride in both neutral style riding when you simply hold the wing in the wind using the front handle and riding position.
- Slightly bowed out Leading edge curvature: provides a very stable platform.
- S-strut with recessed handles: the back of the strut is directly connected to the canopy for a very direct feel, the recess at level of handles offer the best ergonomics possible.
- Radial seams: Thanks to the triple axis grid of the X-ply, we could built the absolute perfect planform for the canopy in order to spread the effort throughout the entire to the absolute perfection, this translate into a wing that is simply more efficient.
- Wing Carry Bag
- Wrist Leash
- Pump Sold Separately